Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Coincidence?

The jury's still out.

I woke up in the wee hours of the morning feeling SICK!

I use the exclamation point because this rarely happens to me. I take pretty good care of myself (abstaining from beloved milkshakes and bowlfuls of mac and cheese on the regular) to avoid that unfamiliar, unpleasant tickle of the throat. In addition to the foods I eat, I try to keep my thoughts positive and my routine anxiety-free.... which makes all the difference when you're lookin' to stay healthy.

All things considered, am I the only one who finds it sort of odd that 3 days after I stop drinking coffee, I start to feel icky throat sickness coming on out of nowhere?

Not to fear.... I went straight to Naturewell (an aptly named "wellness bar") and took a double shot of... The Face Melter:


Looks exotic, no?

Lemon juice, oil of oregano and cayenne pepper down the hatch.

I left with a couple of these bad boys... (2 gallons of water not pictured here)


And was on my way to start the day.

Luckily, all my "day" consisted of was a quick read through for an upcoming short film.

After which, I came straight home to chill. Like getting sick, just chilling- doing nothing- is something I don't allow to happen too often in my daily life.

Maybe it's actually not the lack of coffee making me sick, but the universe calling out for a bit of stillness...

Like I said: the jury's still out!

Welp, 3 days down. Not feelin' great but stickin' with it nonetheless.

Here's hopin' tomorrow I'm all better!

No comments:

Post a Comment