Saturday, January 15, 2011

Who I Am, Really

Guess where I went today?


Yep, that's right.



The beach. In January.

Not to rub it in for the many of you currently suffering in sub 20 degree temps, but what we LA residents lack in reasonable traffic and good air quality, we make up for with amazing weather.

Since it was a day off for us both, Alex and I headed to Venice to take advantage of the gloriously warm sun.





We walked the infamous boardwalk,




saw the picturesque canals,





and couldn't resist a little time on the sand. Though we came without anything customary to sit on like towels or blankets, we found a way to make it work.


See, sometimes it pays to keep a mess in the trunk of your car ;)

We stopped into one of the many sidewalk cafes for brunch where I enjoyed a mimosa (that's Alex's cheeseburger in the background)



and a California omelet- since I was feelin' the love- with cajun potatoes and a croissant. Pure carb delight!



Once the sun started to go down and the breeze rolled in, we headed back east to a Mexican bakery to pick up a birthday cake for Alex's mom.


Soon after we got home and straightened up, the tornadoes kids arrived


and dinner was served....


His family is so considerate of my vegetarianism- there were rice, beans and tortillas galore!


Then 'twas time for cake.


Tres Leches to be exact.


I thought it was delicious- the kids thought it was soggy. Who knew a cake existed that children would dare refuse?!

After a little Disney Channel watching, the fam took off, leaving Alex and me to chillax on the couch after a blissful day of love and enjoyment.

Speaking of love and enjoyment, my life was changed by the musical Hair last night.


Now my theatre friends will tell you: I'm not usually one for musicals, but this one, with it's crazy fun riffing and daring nude scene changed my mind.

AAAAND, turns out: I'm a hippie!

I always sort of suspected, but last night after Nicole, Liz and I walked into the heart of Hollywood post-rehearsal,


enjoyed a couple sushi hand rolls- a first for me-



and headed to the Pantages to see the energetically bold show, it was confirmed.


Peace, unity and oneness is where it's at. Love is all you need.

With that in mind, I'm going to go spend some time with mine.



I don't know about you, but I'm already dreaming of summer. Too soon?

No comments:

Post a Comment