Thursday, September 30, 2010

How I (Almost) Died Today

What up yo?!

I just finished baking cookies! From scratch! Nothing makes me happy quite like baking sweet goodies... though I always end up with a dozen cookies and no one to feed them too.

These babies were born from my favorite cookbook: Eat, Drink and Be Vegan

I subbed my magical goji berries for raisins and produced this loveliness:


I'll save one for Alex (I think he's secretly not a fan of baked vegan goods- shhhh, don't tell him I said anything) and freeze the rest to break out and eat when I'm feelin' the sweet tooth's wrath.

So... onto how I almost died. This morning, I cleared out the [dirty] living room

and busted out this workout DVD that I bought several months ago and have done ONCE before today.

While I admittedly came closer to death the first time around (when I hadn't exercised in about 6 months), today was no walk in the park. Faaaar from it.

Jillian Michaels is one tough broad. I never watched The Biggest Loser and I think she would scare the be-jesus out of me if I ever came in contact with her at a gym, but I dig her workout- it really hits those trouble zones, as advertised.

**Lord help me when I get out of bed tomorrow morning.**

Before marching to my death, I ate this:

whole wheat pita + almond butter with a side of raspberries

After gasping on the floor for breath repeatedly, I realized just how dirty our living room floor was so after I blended up what I will proudly call "my best smoothie yet,"

(frozen banana, almond butter, Sun Warrior protein, strawberries, little bit of chocolate almond milk, water = a milkshake. fo' real.)

I took out the vacuum and broom and got to cleaning.

When that was done, I munched on some carrots

(look, an extra long one- must be lucky)

THEN went outside to check out my plant babies and saw THIS:

My first habanero pepper has arrived, kids. I'm so excited to watch it grow (here's hoping it lives to see the frying pan ;)

I made some lunch:

bell pepper, spinach, cilantro and mozerrella scramble with one egg + 2 egg whites and a side of plain greek yogurt, starwberries and ground flax seed.

I also sucked this down:

Contrary to much of what I've heard around the blog world and amongst friends, I just cannot get into coconut water. This is my second try and while the first sip seemed ok, by the end I just had to chug it to get through. Maybe it's an acquired taste. I'll try again later.

Alright, I've gotta get to steppin' if I'm going to make it to work on time.

I'm looking so forward to having a free day tomorrow (well, after my 8am nutrition class).

And SPEAKING of early mornings... I barely had any coffee today! I just didn't need it. My energy was so up that I forewent (that's weird to say) my usual dosage and went along with my workout and day.

This is a miracle guys... we'll see how long it last ;)

I hope you have an amazing night!

xoxo
Mads

***Side note: Don't forget to register to vote if you haven't already. Some important elections coming up in a month!

No comments:

Post a Comment