Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Shock and Awe

It's a gloomy FALL day in Los Angeles...

... But that's fine by me. Being from the east coast, I tend to welcome a short change in the seemingly never ending 75 and sunny LALA weather.

So last night: I prepared the first dinner of my life that I actually enjoyed. I know that sounds like a stretch but honestly, I've made delicious snacks, breakfasts, salads and the occassional yummy baked good but dinner has always been a struggle for me (unless it involves pasta, cheese and butter- which is pretty hard to screw up). Last night, though, was amaze balls.

It started with this:

While that was marinating in the fridge with some fresh grated ginger and sesame oil, I got to workin' on this:

(A wasabi and sesame oil mayo for dipping- it was killer)

Added some veggies (broccoli, bok choy, edamame, carrots, corn) and Nama Shoyu to a pan...


Seared the ahi steaks for a minute on each side, added some steamed brown rice et voila:

The best dinner I've ever made!

Here's hoping it's the first of many :)

Woke up earrrly this morning after a late night at work to babysit one of the cutest kids on the planet. Munched on some fruit and a larabar, washed it down with my favorite homemade iced coffee.

I just finished this mid-morning snack:

(one egg, one egg white, a whole wheat bagel thin + goat cheese spread- delicious!!)

Now I'm headed off to my acting class, where I will no doubt interrupt every scene with my incessant carrot and salad crunching.

Check back tonight for the completed DAILY STAPLES page, as well as a recap of today's class and a loftier description of: my night job. Don't worry, it's G-rated ;)

Catcha lata'

Mads

No comments:

Post a Comment