Sunday, September 26, 2010

Muy Calor

Greetings, friends!

Sorry to be posting so late- I JUST got home from work.

Today = A. Complete. Scorcher.

I know that sounds lame coming from a Carolina girl, but seriously: today was the hottest day I've experienced in California yet.

The heat didn't stop us from havin' some MAJOR fun, though.


Before I left, I packed a little snacky snack:


Then picked up my old friends (and fellow Carolina girls), Isabel and Vana, and headed to Melrose.

Stopped for a pre-flea market cocktail + great conversation...

Then made our way to the Melrose Trading Post.

I get so overwhelmed every time I go.

There's a little bit of everything.




I got out with spending only $10! (Gold star for me) I think it's in part because it was so darn hot, I didn't feel like walking back to the vendors that caught my attention on the initial "once-over walkthrough".

As we were walking back to the car, Isabel mentioned ice cream. This is when the angel and devil on my respective shoulders came out to play... In the end, the devil won and I ended up back at MILK for the second time this weekend.

Isabel


Me

(I somehow go into a smiling catatonic state when presented with such potential deliciousness)

Oh Lord, there are no words except "I'll be laying off this ice cream for awhile."

The mint milkshake was admittedly AH-MAZING going down, but about an hour later, I had an uncomfortable sugar overload feeling, followed by a disconcerting headache.

Next time I get the ice cream urge, I think I'll just come home and make a HEALTHY parfait or smoothie.

After dropping the lovely ladies off, I rushed home to hurriedly prepare dinner to eat at work.

Gargantuan salad:

(spinach, beets, bell pepper, goat cheese, carrots, hummus aka "the rest of the veggies in the fridge in order to make room for new groceries tomorrow")

+ some raspberries

YUM

...Onto my goal for the week:

As you've probably gathered, this blog revolves around the pursuit of a balanced, healthy lifestyle. Well, no healthy lifestyle is complete without regular exercise.

I'm an active person. I'll walk somewhere over drive whenever I have the chance and I lift some super heavy plates at work, but it's time I take my "fitness regime" to the next level. If you read Who I Am, you'll see I've had several run-ins with the gym throughout my young adult life.

Tomorrow marks the turning over of a new leaf, folks. I'm making fitness and exercise a priority again, and this time it's for good.

Goal: do some form of REAL exercise (be it gym sesh, yoga class or hike) at least 5 times this week.

Here we go...

Stay tuned to see how this pans out.

Now I'm off to get some much-needed zzzzz's before my yoga class in the am.

Sweet dreams xxxx


No comments:

Post a Comment