Thursday, September 23, 2010

A Morning Dose of Genius

I got out of bed this morning so excited to write my next post when I opened my computer and found this:


It's happened before and I usually just tap the back of the screen to make it come on again. No dice this time.

I quickly made an appointment at the Apple genius bar and hightailed it across town to receive some sobering news in the form of 3 options:
  1. Pay $310 and have my beloved comp sent overseas to be repaired (for 7-10 business days!!)
  2. Pay $200 to get an external screen + optical drive (because, oh yeah, that's broken too).
  3. Buy a new computer
No matter what my decision, the friendly Apple Genius informed me I'd also be needing one of these:


Which I unhappily dropped some mad cash for, but know is for the best. I've never backed up my files before and have paid dearly for it in past instances.

So here I am on my love's Windows computer (so user-UNfriendly) but am grateful to at least have SOMETHING.

To back track, I ate a yummy salad last night (the pic is saved on MY computer), along with a green juice and some dark chocolat ;)

This morning before my trek to the Apple Store, I made one of my favorite breakfast treats: a smoothie.



This is a perfect breakfast when you're on the go- no fussing or fighting with a fork, steering wheel and tupperware container while navigating LA traffic... (Am I the only one who does that?) Instead, you can put all your delicious, nurticious ingredients into a handy dandy blender and BAM!


Driver friendly breakfast in a cup!

This morning, mine consisted of:
  • chunks of frozen banana
  • 1 cup of Trader Joe's frozen mixed berries
  • 1/2 cup Almond Milk
  • 1/2 cup water
  • and the STAR of the show:

SUN WARRIOR PROTEIN POWDER!

After searching the interweb high and low, I've found this particular protein powder to be the healthiest and least processed (raw, vegan, made from sprouted brown rice).

It tastes yummy and since I need all the alternative protein I can get, this is my pride and joy.

Off to babysit, then to work... I'll back tomorrow with a post about protein- how much we need, where to get it, and how NOT to worry about it if you are vegetarian.

Happy Fall!

Mads

PS: Any suggestions about the computer dilemma? Should I pay the $310? I'm NOT doing external screen thing (what's the point of having a laptop?). Another suggestion I've gotten has been to sell it as is (honestly, of course) and put the $$ towards a new one. It's only 3 years old, though. Any thoughts are welcome.... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment