Tuesday, September 21, 2010

It's Official!

I'm back on the up and up.

After days (maybe even weeks) of feeling low, irritable and lethargic, I finally feel back to my semi-sane, energetic self ;)

I mean, I've been fully awake for an hour and half without a drop of coffee.

[insert coffee break here]

Ok. I'm back...

This godsend of a reformation is thanks to one thing: getting my eating habits back on track.

That's a big part of what I aim to share with you in this happy, little shining corner of the internets.

Taking that step to the bright side encompasses all things *you*

I plan to discuss dietary choices, exercise regimes, creativity exploration, travel and general bright side talk.

While happiness is a decisive state of mind, it's essential that your whole body serve as fertile ground for the decision to take root, grow and persevere- even in the darkest of times.

I'll wrap up this first post because, believe me, I've got LOTS more to say...

Here are the top 5 ingredients I cannot live without while riding the healthy lifestyle train:
  • cinnamon
  • sweet bell peppers (preferably the red, yellow and orange varieties)
  • kale (for my homemade juice)
  • hummus
  • goat cheese
(If coffee counted as an ingredient, that'd no doubt be number one)

I'm so pumped for this journey :)

xoxo
maddie

3 comments:

  1. goat cheese is currently my favorite cheese. & thanks for the tip about almond milk, it *is* far more delicious than soy. also loving greek yogurt- i think you gave me that tidbit o' wisdom too. i gotcha bookmarked, babe. ;)
    *luvs*
    -a

    ReplyDelete
  2. You go, girl! Remember, the only expectations that really matter are the ones you have for yourself, so here's to having great ones, knowing that we're loving you and cheering you on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Angie: FINALLY i've bestowed some wisdom on YOU!

    JB: <3 Keep followin'

    ReplyDelete