Tuesday, November 2, 2010

A Different Form of Exercise

Greetings friends,

Did everyone vote today? I sure did- was up and at 'em at 8am with Alex to head to our voting place before he had to be at work.

YES!

I love exercising my RIGHTS!!

After dealing with morning traffic (you can add that to the never ending list of "Reasons I LOVE Not Having a 9-5 Job"), I came home for pre-spinning class breakfast and coffee:

plain greek yogurt, the last of my hemp-nola, raspberries, chia seeds and pumpkin butter

Spinning class was rough today. I thought I'd done my body good and upped the endurance as of late but you wouldn't have been able to tell today. I'm not sure if it was the weekend of no exercise and birthday treats or the hour less of sleep I got this morning, but whatever it was, there was more than one time during that 45 minutes when I just wanted to QUIT. But I didn't and felt pretty great and REALLY sweaty when I finished.

After class, I went to see Mira's new apartment (BEAUTIFUL) and have lunch at a lovely French cafe on La Brea.

Since I'd had my coffee for the day (+ heavy doses of endorphins), I opted for an iced mint tea.

For my entree, I chose an arugula salad with mango, cucumber, tomato and the BEST blackened mahi mahi that has ever passed these lips.

Seriously. It was amazing!

I'll say this: when Mira's around, there's usually guaranteed deliciousness and dessert. Love it.

True to form, we split this Mexican-French hybrid sweet:

a Mexican Nutella Crepe.

What makes it Mexican is the use of a flour tortilla, as opposed to a typical French crepe.

While it sounded odd, it did not disappoint! The flour tortilla had a nice crispness that your usual egg-based crepe could never muster. And let's be real: nutella could make ANYTHING taste amazing.

After lunch, I headed home to work and have some green juice with a new ingredient:

Grapefruit- it was definitely tangier ;)

Ahhhh, how I've missed thee!

Then I took on the refrigerator...

Mind you, there are only 2 of us living in this house!!

Clean feels good:

I made this "remnants I have to use up from the fridge" salad for dinner at work tonight:

Before I go, I need to let you in on something:

I need goals.

I'm sure I've mentioned this on the blog before, but I'm saying it again because right now I'm sort of lacking in them.

Sure, I have big umbrella, overall LIFE GOALS, but I need mini measurable milestones to keep me going- you know what I mean?

Right now, I'm looking for something in the fitness realm, for fear of falling into an uninspired rut. If I could run, I'd set a date for a marathon or even a 5K. Alas, that's not in the cards right now.

What's a girl to do? Suggestions? Anyone?

I've set a date with Sabrina tomorrow morning for an 8am yoga class in a real, bonafide studio! I have to be there at 7:40am.

Am I crazy?

I'll let you know tomorrow.

Have a lovely night!

love
maddie


No comments:

Post a Comment