Sunday, November 14, 2010

A Witch of a Day

Wassup!?

This post is brought to you by a girl who can, at present, barely keep her eyes open. My extreme sleepiness is the byproduct of a jam-packed day, preceded by a very long night that started at:

Father's Office in Santa Monica, with the lovely Laurenzia.

I love this place for their wonderful selection of tap beers and insanely good sweet potato fries that come served with some sort of garlic blue cheese dip thing. I also appreciate the fact that they're ballsy enough to deny their customers standard condiments like mustard and ketchup because their product is that good.

What I don't like about the place? The first come, first serve seating- meaning you have to not-so-casually hover over tables as patrons slowly nibble on the remaining bits of their burgers and fries or dawdle over the last dregs of beer while you wait to JUMP on the table as soon as it becomes available. It's definitely survival of the fittest... too much stress for a night out, if you ask me.

Post-beers, fries and goat cheese gratinee, Lauren and I headed back to Silverlake to meet up with Alex and his friends at 4100 Bar.

After getting home way past my bed time, I was forced to wake up at 7:30 this morning. I had this pick-me-up breakfast:

2 boiled eggs and toast with earth balance

Then went to a whirlwind of a photo shoot where I dressed as the witch from Big Fish- eye patch and all.

Scary, I know.

We zoomed quickly back home where I threw this into a container for the road:

quinoa, homemade hummus, a couple beets, goat cheese + an apple

I proudly declared in the car that I might be the only person on the entire planet that enjoys this combination:

Random, yet so delicious.

I was glad I had something in my stomach because when we arrived at the ice skating rink for Katie's birthday party, we were greeted with usual kids' party fare- stacks of pizza, a giant bowl of pasta salad and fruit. I munched on a little veggie pizza and pasta salad before

We laced up our skates

The birthday girl:

And got to bustin' moves on the ice.

That's me after landing my triple axel perfectly... riiiiiiight

After we'd had quite enough of that, we came to the sidelines of the rink to hang with the adults at the party. I enjoyed:

homemade hot chocolate. amazing.

and a red velvet cupcake:

SPECIAL!

After the bowl of laughs birthday party, it was time to hit the road once again so I could make it to work on time.

Now that I'm done for the night, I'm in desperate need of some shut eye.

I'll be back tomorrow with a full Monday recap :)

Here's to a great week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment