Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Return of the Goat

Cheese, that is.

We'll get to the chevre in a second, but first: breakfast.

In the spirit of my post on Sunday, Learn By Doing, I thought I'd make my own version of French Toast without researching anything.

I'd seen a picture on Caitlin's blog the other day (the post can be found here) of something that looked an awful lot like French toast with grilled bananas.

This is my attempt at blindly recreating what I saw.

I gathered some ingredients:

First, I beat one egg

I smothered a slice of whole wheat bread in the yellow goo and placed it on a warmed pan greased with Earth Balance. I liberally sprinkled cinnamon on top

After flipping the bread and adding even MORE cinnamon, I placed 4 quarter slices of banana in the same pan with a tad more Earth Balance, removed the toast and let those babies fryyyy

I added maple syrup and a dollop of pumpkin butter for good measure...

Mmmmmmmmm...

For my first time making French toast (with no recipe taboot), I must say: it turned out pretty freakin GOOD :)

I headed out for an amazing spin class and then home again for an equally amazing smoothie:

It contained:
-1 frozen banana
-1/2 a cup of cherries
-one smoothie packet of plain acai berry puree
-water

Great!

I did some work, went to an audition and then to my favorite grocery store-

Erewhon!! Where I roamed the aisles (per usual) for over half an hour...

As much as I love that place, after my visit today I decided I can only purchase specialty nutrition products there. Anything else = waaaay out of my budget. Alas.

I did manage to get out with these new goodies:

Aloe vera juice (the unsweetened variety), which I talk about here.

And Liquid B-12... a very important vitamin and co-enzyme that's only found in animal products. I've heard the liquid variety gives you an instant energy boost as well- sweet!

Another find:

Kombucha. Is it just me or does this fizzy tea concoction give anyone else a full body buzz? Weird.

And TADA:

My life just hasn't been the same without it...

I got a salad from the bar (before you point any fingers: it doesn't count as eating out since I didn't have to tip anyone- that's my story and I'm sticking to it)

Isn't it beautiful? I love salad bars because they introduce me to mixin's I might otherwise never have thought of. We'll call it a research project ;)

Since the air's been nice and crisp, I also indulged in a little taste of pumpkin lentil soup (with goat cheese, of course)


Alright, I'm off to work for the evening.

Hope you all have a fabu night :)

**By the way: I just got word that my amazon.com order finally shipped which means that post on reorganizing my pantry is COMING UP very soon! HOORAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment