Saturday, November 27, 2010

Window Shopping

It's been a gorgeous Saturday here in Los Angeles.


Temps are finally at a holiday season-appropriate level. (Christmas tree on Wednesday- can.not.wait!!)

And 'tis the season to have cake pumpkin loaf for breakfast.


After which Alex and I set out for our ritualistic Saturday morning walk around the 'hood...


We did a little window shopping...


















(Yes, cupcake cases count as windows too!)













Glad to see graffiti artists agreeing with this philosophy and spreading the word...









We stopped for brunch at Millie's and, try as I might to want a salad, it just wasn't happening. 

Instead I went with the comfort food option:


Crab cake benedict (one of my favorite meals when done right) with roasted rosemary potatoes.

It's been awhile since I've actually eaten the potatoes that come with brunch (I usually sub greens), but I'm glad I went the hearty route today- they warmed me, heart and soul. (Turns out potatoes can do this)

Over our meals, Alex and I planned our upcoming First Annual Christmas Potluck and White Elephant Gift Exchange Party. Should be a good time! You know you'll get the deets in the coming weeks...

The prospect of having guests inspired us to peruse the local thrift stores for more furniture- and we scored!


$20 for this antique mirror! Now we've just got to hang it... and find chairs, since we have zero in the house- really.

I'm off to shower and get ready for my first Vietnamese wedding!

Catcha tomorrow with a winter-appropriate recipe :)

4 comments:

  1. I am jealous that you got a mirror! I just recently moved into an apartment and my room is mirror-less :-(

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should try this cafe called Clementine in LA! It has delicious homemade pastries and uses seasonal ingredients. It is one of my favorites! I've been there a few times that I've visited the city.

    It's on Ensley Ave!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never ordered a salad when going out to eat. Well other then WF. I get something that is cooked due to food safety issues. I am weird.

    ReplyDelete
  4. mmmm crab cake benedict? THat sounds sooo good!

    ReplyDelete