Thursday, October 14, 2010

Makin' It

It's almost Friday, kids.

So far, it's been a lovely but quick day that started with a little baking...

I got this recipe from one of my favorite healthy living blogs, Healthy Tipping Point.

They're called pancake truffles and BOY do they fulfill my morning sweet tooth like no other.

The "batter" contains whole wheat pancake mix, an egg white and rolled oats- what could be better for you? Not IHop, that's for sure.

I rolled the banana-filled dough in a plate of pecan bits, stuck them in the oven of death

and ta da:

A breakfast from heaven.

Once I scarfed those down, I met up with my scene partner at Samuel French to find something to work on for class. 30 minutes and 10 lesbian-themed scenes later, we finally found the perfect one! (Hint: I play a crazy person- worrrrd)

We'll meet again Sunday to perfect it :)

I headed to the gym where I hit up the STAIRMASTER. It was my admittedly my first encounter with this daunting beast of a machine and I must say, it was a little... unsatisfying. Don't get me wrong, I sweat like no tomorrow and felt the burn, but the whole concept of climbing and climbing and never reaching the TOP of something sort of bothered me. Maybe I'll give it another go next week. I did climb 102 flights of stairs, afterall.

After the gym, I snacked on a LARABAR and came home to have some protein power:

(this green smoothie's for you, Sumner)

I knew I had to be at work early tonight but I wanted to get one last recipe done before I dashed out the door, so I turned to my kitchen love- the food processor- and made some White Bean Hummus with Fresh Tyhme and Basil (recipe from Eat, Drink and Be Vegan).

I soaked the beans over night and cooked them for 2 hours; then I added everything but the herbs to the processor:

After that was nice and creamy, I put in the GREEN

And there you have it:

A tasty hummus concoction for a fraction of the store bought price containing only whole ingredients- none of the weird elements you couldn't pronounce correctly if your life depended on it.

WHOO!

I'm off to work- it's Art Walk tonight which means downtown LA will be hoppin'.

I'll be back tomorrow with a nutrition class recap + a little about my lust for gardening.

(Lust and gardening in the same sentence? Who knew.)

Have a great night!

Mads

No comments:

Post a Comment