Thursday, October 28, 2010

Your Essence

Hi guys,

This is going to be a quick one as I'll be out of the house for most of the day, then heading to work later tonight...

Today started with a yummy, yet standard breakfast:

2 egg whites + greek yogurt parfait with raw oats, ground flax, chia seeds, cinnamon and raspberries

Ahhhh! I almost forgot: the pumpkin butter.

You better believe that stuff's going on everything that comes out of my kitchen until I empty the jar.

Now for Deep Thoughts with Maddie (bwahahaha):

Yesterday in acting class, our teacher asked us to sum up who we are (aka our essence) in a single phrase. For instance, Kathy Bates would be "a down home, salt of the earth tough cookie."

Of course, all of us being put on the spot had no idea! It's funny how difficult it is to define your own self, isn't it? Being an actor in LA though, I think it's important to do this sort of exploration and find out what your base sellable product is.

After thinking in the shower this morning (all great thinking is done in the shower), I think I figured mine out.

**Bear in mind that your essence is a continuously evolving thing. Much like a phase in life or an onstage performance, everything is constantly changing- meaning there's never one final "black and white" answer.

My current essence: "A down to earth Southern girl who's always searching for the answer."

What's yours?

See you tomorrow...

xo
maddie


No comments:

Post a Comment